Preparing the tandoor is similar to preparing a grill.
1. Remove the lid and put wood inside. The amount of wood depends on the type of dish (shashlik, chicken, game fowl, fish or vegetables) and the number of people who dine. Therefore, the amount of wood can vary from 1/2 to 2/3 of the internal volume.
2. Pull out the ash pan, ignite the wood, do not close the lid. Now you can let the fire rest for the time being. The tandoor takes care of itself. In the event of strong heating, hairline cracks may form on the surface, but these are normal in the material and have no effect on the functionality of the tandoor.
3. After the wood has burned through, the plan grate is visible, the soot on the inner walls of the tandoor has disappeared and the tandoor has developed a strong glow, the tandoor is ready to place the dishes. Your task is to arrange the charcoal in a smooth layer and to hang the skewers with shashlik or other products, to close the lid and the ash pan. Now you don't need to turn or do anything else for the time being.
4. Keep an eye on the time, because if you are preparing mushrooms and / or vegetables, 5 to 10 minutes is enough. Fish is ready in about 15 to 20 minutes. The shashlik is prepared for about 25 to 30 minutes. The chicken takes about 30 to 40 minutes to prepare.
5. If you want a crispy crust, open the ash pan and the lid a crack for 7 to 10 minutes before cooking and the laws of physics solve this task by means of additional drafts.
6. Now you can take out the finished dish and put a new one in the tandoor oven.
Safety measures !
- When using the tandoor for the first time, heat it up slowly and evenly - Avoid contact between the hot tandoor and large amounts of water.
- Note that in windy weather the flame height can reach approx. 1 meter.
- Store the tandoor covered or covered.
- When handling the tandoor, note that the metal parts can get very hot; use cooking gloves made of natural fibers.
- Keep children away from the hot tandoor.
- It is recommended to slowly increase the heat in the tandoor when the ambient temperature is very low.
If used properly, we give a one-year guarantee on our products.